14. Turn down the heat to low; simmer, covered, for about 2 hours.
15. Line a greased 9×9-inch (23×23-cm) square baking pan with 2 sheets of foil.
16. Spread a thin layer of béchamel on the baking pan; add 2 lasagna noodles on top. Then, spread a thin layer of meat sauce evenly across the noodles. Add a thin layer of béchamel again. Repeat the process, and alternate the direction of the lasagna sheets after every layer.
17. After 50 layers, place the foil box over the lasagna.
18. Continue with the layering process until you reach the 99th layer.
19. Sprinkle Parmesan on top; use the foil to cover the whole lasagna.
20. Bake for about 1½ hours, with the foil halfway uncovered, until the top becomes deep golden brown.
21. Cool for at least 2 hours.
22. Sprinkle the top of the lasagna generously with chives.
We hope that you like the recipe and that this will be your choice the next time you decide to have your friends over for lunch. Enjoy!